Monday, March 26, 2018 / by Dane Carlson
Don’t underestimate the potential of bread pudding. It may sound like an old-fashioned holiday dessert, but switch up the flavor from sweet to savory and you have an unbeatable casserole that will feed the whole family.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the butter and melt, and then add the onions and coat them in the butter. Reduce heat to low, and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until the onions are golden brown.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water, and continue cooking for 10 more minutes. Set aside.
- Mix the bread cubes in a bowl with the ham and cheese. Add the onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, mustard powder, parsley, salt, and pepper until well combined. Pour over the bread mixture, and stir gently.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9” x 9” baking dish, and bake for 45 minutes, or until set and lightly browned. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Make this savory bread pudding yourself, and let us know what you think. Share your photos on Facebook and Instagram using the hashtag #ALMbites.