Monday, March 19, 2018 / by Dane Carlson
Getting your house ready to put on the market can seem like a massive undertaking. From cleaning to staging, you might not know where to begin. In search of advice? Break each room into sections, and tackle the room head-on.
- Use pillows and throw blankets to soften up the room.
- Clear off the coffee table.
- Clear off the dining table—only leave the centerpiece.
- Remove extra chairs from the table.
- Set the table with 4 to 6 place settings.
- Clean the appliances—stove, oven, and microwave.
- Remove magnets from the refrigerator.
- Empty the trash can before each showing.
- Invest in new bedspreads if necessary.
- Remove distracting wall decor.
- Keep daily necessities in either bins, drawers, or closets.
- Display a new bottle of hand soap.
- Replace shower curtains if necessary.
- Store soap and supplies in a cupboard.
Although it will take time and effort to get your house ready to show, just remember—the better it looks, the shorter the time it will stay on the market!